- What's Your Stain/Spot?
- Household Stains & Spots
- Adhesive Residue
- Garage & Workshop Stains
- Rust Stains & Spots
- Where's Your Stain/Spot?
- How to Remove Stains/Spots
- Goof Off vs Competition
- Goof Off Heavy Duty
- Goof Off Professional
- Good-Bye Cracks
- Goof Off Graffiti Remover
- Goof Off Wipes
- Goof Off Rust Stain Remover
- Goof Off Foam & Caulk Remover
- Goof Off Power Cleaner & Degreaser
- Goof Off Super Glue Remover
Shoe Polish Stains
Polishing your shoes is a great way to maintain the leather, restore the original luster and shine, and keep your shoes in tip top shape. Well-cared for, freshly polished shoes make a good impression.
Shoe polishing isn’t nearly as popular as it was generations ago, but perhaps with the current economic times, it will become popular again as we become less willing to discard a serviceable pair of shoes just because they no longer look new. A touch up at the toe, or overall job can make a huge difference in the appearance of your shoes, at for just a few dollars. It’s a habit worth developing.
But let’s face it, polishing shoes is a messy business, whether you’re using the liquid or the paste form of polish. And it’s not easy to get it off once you’ve gotten it on something. That’s good for shoes, but not so great if you get it on your clothes, carpet or furniture.
Shoe polish is considered a paint stain, it can be very tricky to remove. You need a strong solvent to do the job, but not so strong that it destroys the underlying surface or material.
How to Remove Shoe Polish Stains
If you get polish where you don’t want it, follow these directions for removing the stain:
- First, memorize and repeat the #1 rule of expert stain removal: “Blot – never rub or scrub!”
- Blot up any excess liquid shoe polish with paper towel. If it is the paste type of polish, scrape it off gently with the back side of a kitchen or butter knife, taking care not to inadvertently spread the stain.
- Reach for a handy-dandy, all-purpose bottle of Goof Off® Heavy Duty Spot Remover and Degreaser, and get ready to quickly and effectively remove the shoe polish spot.
- Spray the spot, and give Goof Off® a few minutes to work its magic. Goof Off®’s powerful micro-emulsion formula penetrates deeply to thoroughly dissolve the stain.
- Then, simply lift off by blotting with a clean cloth or paper towel until the shoe polish is completely removed.
Whether you are using liquid or paste shoe polish, Goof Off®, does the job, quickly, easily, safely, with no harsh fumes and no damage to underlying fabrics. Of course, you should always test fabric or material in an inconspicuous place before using any stain removal product.
Goof Off® Heavy Duty Spot Remover & Degreaser is The Miracle Remover™ for more than just removing shoe polish stains. It works on all manner of Markers are a favorite writing, coloring and drawing tool for children and adults of all ages. They are used for everything from a preschooler’s work of art to underlining your favorite passages in a book, to labeling a moving carton, to writing on a whiteboard during a presentation.
Marker pens, also known as felt tip pens, and/or permanent markers, can be used for all different purposes. There are many different formulations, but with very few exceptions, they all have one thing in common . . . they stain. Badly!
Many are specifically formulated to be permanent! The ink is designed to be resistant to water, or being rubbed off. It’s no surprise then that people have tried every type of home remedy, and household cleaning product to remove marker stains, with little success. Marker is always ranked high on the list of most difficult stains.
Marker varieties include:
- dry erase/wet erase versions
- colored art pens
- permanent markers
- glitter or metallic formulations
- glue marker
No longer available only in black, blue or red, these types of pens now come in sets of up to 72 colors - a veritable rainbow of stain possibilities.
So what’s the solution?
Whether your problem spot is on your clothing, upholstery, wood, walls, carpets or just about anywhere, Goof Off® Heavy Duty Spot Remover & Degreaser's powerful micro-emulsion formula will thoroughly clean and remove your marker stain without harming the underlying surface or fabric, when used as directed.