- What's Your Stain/Spot?
- Household Stains & Spots
- Adhesive Residue
- Garage & Workshop Stains
- Rust Stains & Spots
- Where's Your Stain/Spot?
- How to Remove Stains/Spots
- Goof Off vs Competition
- Goof Off Heavy Duty
- Goof Off Professional
- Good-Bye Cracks
- Goof Off Graffiti Remover
- Goof Off Wipes
- Goof Off Rust Stain Remover
- Goof Off Foam & Caulk Remover
- Goof Off Power Cleaner & Degreaser
- Goof Off Super Glue Remover
Markers are a favorite writing, coloring and drawing tool for children and adults of all ages. They are used for everything from a preschooler’s work of art to underlining your favorite passages in a book, to labeling a moving carton, to writing on a whiteboard during a presentation.
Marker pens, also known as felt tip pens, and/or permanent markers, can be used for all different purposes. There are many different formulations, but with very few exceptions, they all have one thing in common . . . they stain. Badly!
Many are specifically formulated to be permanent! The ink is designed to be resistant to water, or being rubbed off. It’s no surprise then that people have tried every type of home remedy, and household cleaning product to remove marker stains, with little success. Marker is always ranked high on the list of most difficult stains.
Marker varieties include:
- dry erase/wet erase versions
- colored art pens
- permanent markers
- glitter or metallic formulations
- glue marker
No longer available only in black, blue or red, these types of pens now come in sets of up to 72 colors - a veritable rainbow of stain possibilities.
So what’s the solution?
Whether your problem spot is on your clothing, upholstery, wood, walls, carpets or just about anywhere, Goof Off® Heavy Duty Spot Remover and Degreaser's powerful micro-emulsion formula will thoroughly clean and remove your marker stain without harming the underlying surface or fabric, when used as directed. Here’s how:
How to Remove Marker Stains:
- Apply directly to stain.
- Allow Goof Off® to penetrate for a couple of minutes.
- Wipe off with a clean, absorbent cloth.
Carpet & Upholstery:
- Apply to clean, white cloth and gently blot stain, repeat as necessary.
- Rinse area with water and then blot dry with clean towel.
- Apply small amount to stain, repeat as necessary.
- Allow to penetrate until stain begins to dissolve.
- Launder as normal.
Note: Every surface is different, so always test for color fastness on an inconspicuous area before using. Do not use on silk, leather, suede or acrylic.