- What's Your Stain/Spot?
- Household Stains & Spots
- Adhesive Residue
- Garage & Workshop Stains
- Rust Stains & Spots
- Where's Your Stain/Spot?
- How to Remove Stains/Spots
- Goof Off vs Competition
- Goof Off Heavy Duty
- Goof Off Professional
- Good-Bye Cracks
- Goof Off Graffiti Remover
- Goof Off Wipes
- Goof Off Rust Stain Remover
- Goof Off Foam & Caulk Remover
- Goof Off Power Cleaner & Degreaser
- Goof Off Super Glue Remover
Tape Stickiness, Residue and Stains
Removing tape from a variety of surfaces often leaves adhesive behind. Sometimes that adhesive is still sticky; sometimes it has completely dried out and is just a white flaky residue; sometimes there are fibers (for example, duct tape is famous for leaving white “stringy” bits behind when it is removed) and sometimes there is no trace of the tape except a stain where it used to be.
If you’re trying to get really old tape off of something, it may sort of shred or disintegrate in your hands as you try to pull it off the surface, leaving bits of tape still attached. Removing double stick or double sided tape is a particularly sticky problem, as there really is no tape to pull off at all; there is nothing but the adhesive. You cannot just grab it and peel it off the surface, or rub it away.
What Do You Do When Trying to Figure Out How To Remove Tape Stains and Residue?
You have probably already discovered that removing adhesive residue cannot be accomplished with dish soap, rubbing alcohol, or ordinary household cleaners. You may have tried steaming, melting with a blow dryer, or scrubbing and scraping, and found out that no amount of elbow grease will do the job.
So what DOES WORK for completely removing any trace of tape? Final answer… Goof Off® Heavy Duty Spot Remover and Degreaser! This Miracle Remover will make short work of your cleanup challenge, leaving behind no residue and no oily residue of its own. Goof Off® works on walls, floors, furniture, windows, metal and more – and won’t damage the underlying surface.
How To Remove…
- Duct tape - always seems to leave behind a sticky white deposit. When removing duct tape from a surface, try first peeling off the tape – carefully, checking to be sure it is not also pulling up the surface of whatever it was attached to. Duct tape glue tends to be very strong, but Goof Off®’s micro-emulsion formula is even stronger, dissolving it quickly. Work up the edge of the tape and apply Goof Off® under this area. Allow Goof Off® to penetrate under the tape and loosen. Pull up the tape and re-apply Goof Off®. Repeat this step until all tape has loosened and adhesive is dissolved.
- To remove two-way carpet tape quickly, without leaving anything sticky behind, you need a substance that will dissolve and remove the residue without damaging the floor surface. Goof Off® is designed to do just that.
- Goof Off® removes every last bit of adhesive left behind by double-sided tape without damaging your walls or your sofas.
- If you need to remove masking tape, whether fresh or old and dried out, from a window, a piece of furniture or just about anywhere else – Goof Off® will do the job quickly and efficiently.
- If cellophane tape has been in place a long time, or has been in the sun, it seems fused to whatever surface you used it on. Fortunately, Goof Off® will un-fuse it in short order, dissolving away both the remains of the tape and any sticky or dried out residues.
Other kinds of tape are equally vulnerable to the adhesive and glue removing power of Goof Off®. Another sticky problem solved!
- Is suitable for most surfaces in your home
- Has no harsh fumes to bother you
- Is quick and effective at removing glues and adhesives
- Cleans what ordinary household cleaners can’t
- Leaves no oil behind.
So How Do You Remove Tape and The Stickiness It Leaves Behind?
- Wait a few seconds while Goof Off®’s special micro-emulsion formula dissolves your problem stain or spot
Goof Off® is a multi-purpose stain remover that gets the tough stuff ordinary household cleaners can’t.