- What's Your Stain/Spot?
- Household Stains & Spots
- Adhesive Residue
- Garage & Workshop Stains
- Rust Stains & Spots
- Where's Your Stain/Spot?
- How to Remove Stains/Spots
- Goof Off vs Competition
- Goof Off Heavy Duty
- Goof Off Professional
- Good-Bye Cracks
- Goof Off Graffiti Remover
- Goof Off Wipes
- Goof Off Rust Stain Remover
- Goof Off Foam & Caulk Remover
- Goof Off Power Cleaner & Degreaser
- Goof Off Super Glue Remover
Lipstick, nail polish, mascara, powdered makeup, and liquid foundation all can – and do -- stain your clothes, car, sink, dresser top, countertop, upholstery or carpet from time to time. How should you remove these makeup stains when they happen? It depends who you ask.
Home remedies for makeup stain removal include:
- Rubbing alcohol, hairspray, or ammonia for lipstick stains -- but these often fail to remove the oily base
- Dish soap or dry cleaning fluid for mascara, foundation or blush – can leave behind a shadow
- Nail polish remover for nail polish spills, but STOP . . . this can harm, fabrics, upholstery, clothes, carpets, wood, counters, etc.
A Better Solution
Rather than trying a variety of remedies that may or may not work, or experimenting with a bunch of different household cleaning products for each different makeup stain or surface it was spilled on, why not use a single, multi-purpose remover that will clean most any makeup spot from any surface with one easy, safe application?
Goof Off® Heavy Duty Spot Remover and Degreaser has a powerful micro-emulsion formula that actually dissolves the make up, leaving behind a stain free surface with no oily residue. Goof Off® is:
- has no harsh fumes
- is safe for most materials and surfaces from clothing to carpeting to countertops, when used as directed
Directions for Removing Makeup Stains
- Apply directly to stain.
- Allow Goof Off® to penetrate for a couple of minutes.
- Wipe off with a clean, absorbent cloth.
CARPET & UPHOLSTERY:
- Apply to clean, white cloth and gently blot stain, repeat as necessary.
- Rinse area with water and then blot dry with clean towel.
- Apply small amount to stain, repeat as necessary.
- Allow to penetrate until stain begins to dissolve.
- Launder as normal.
NOTE: Every surface is different, so always test for color fastness on an inconspicuous area before using. Do not use on silk, leather, suede or acrylic.
CAUTION: Avoid contact with eyes. In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with water.
CAUTION: EYE IRRITANT: Contains Benzyl Alcohol and Glycol Ethers. Avoid contact with eyes and prolonged contact with skin. Avoid breathing vapors. Do not ingest.
FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. In case of skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, call your poison-control center or physician immediately for instructions.
So go ahead and use that rockin’ red lipstick, hot pink polish, and smoldering black mascara. If you drop it, spill it, smear it or splotch it, Goof Off® can get rid of your makeup stain in a jiffy!