- What's Your Stain/Spot?
- Household Stains & Spots
- Adhesive Residue
- Garage & Workshop Stains
- Rust Stains & Spots
- Where's Your Stain/Spot?
- How to Remove Stains/Spots
- Goof Off vs Competition
- Goof Off Heavy Duty
- Goof Off Professional
- Good-Bye Cracks
- Goof Off Graffiti Remover
- Goof Off Wipes
- Goof Off Rust Stain Remover
- Goof Off Foam & Caulk Remover
- Goof Off Power Cleaner & Degreaser
- Goof Off Super Glue Remover
How to Remove Graffiti
Graffiti is always unsightly, and can be upsetting. Whether it’s mindless vandalism, or an offensive political message, the best way to discourage graffiti is to remove it immediately.
There are many graffiti removal methods that people employ but some of them are very labor and time intensive, such as trying to remove the paint by rubbing (and rubbing and rubbing) with paint thinner, steel wool or sandpaper, which can cause damage to surfaces such as brick or painted wood siding.
On wooden surfaces, spray painted vandalism provides a particular challenge. If the wood is not weathered, and is sealed with paint, stain or sealer, people sometimes have success removing it by wiping it with mineral spirits. However, if the wood is weathered, mineral spirits will be absorbed into it, driving the paint further down into the wood, and making it that much more difficult to remove.
For graffiti on glass, many people will try to remove it with a razor blade. This is fine for tiny areas, but slow, time consuming and tiring for large areas. You also might find after you have spent all that time and effort that little specks of paint are still there, requiring yet another step to remove them.
The quick, easy and proven way to remove offensive, ugly graffiti is to choose Goof Off® Graffiti Remover that was specially formulated to cut through spray paint, ink, marker, or crayon. This “Miracle Remover” powerfully dissolves graffiti without damaging the surface below. Goof Off® Graffiti Remover can be used on stone, brick, wood, metal, glass, block — and even some factory baked car finishes. Simply spray it on and wipe away the vandalism to your property.
Now, it couldn’t be easier to remove graffiti. Here’s how you do it:
- Start by applying Goof Off® Graffiti Remover to a cloth and rubbing off the marks.
- If this does not completely remove the paint, apply a very small amount of product directly to the surface that’s been vandalized, choosing a small test area.
- If no damage to the underlying surface is observed, a natural fiber brush or Teflon- safe pad can be used to gently loosen marks.
- Blot, rinse or power-wash the residue.
If you already have a bottle of Goof Off® Professional in your possession, it can also be used to effectively to remove graffiti. Follow the directions on the bottle, and be graffiti-free in no time.