- What's Your Stain/Spot?
- Household Stains & Spots
- Adhesive Residue
- Garage & Workshop Stains
- Rust Stains & Spots
- Where's Your Stain/Spot?
- How to Remove Stains/Spots
- Goof Off vs Competition
- Goof Off Heavy Duty
- Goof Off Professional
- Good-Bye Cracks
- Goof Off Graffiti Remover
- Goof Off Wipes
- Goof Off Rust Stain Remover
- Goof Off Foam & Caulk Remover
- Goof Off Power Cleaner & Degreaser
- Goof Off Super Glue Remover
Decals and Stickers
Decals and stickers wind up everywhere, from furniture, to car windows, to your computer. How do you remove them and the sticky residue they frequently leave behind?
The method used to remove a decals or a sticker depends on the surface the decal is affixed to, how long it’s been there, whether it’s become “baked-on,” and other factors. The challenge is to get rid of the decal and the glue residue without harming the underlying surface.
Various Remedies for How To Remove Decals (including bumper stickers, parking stickers and decorative stickers) and Sticky Residue from different surfaces:
- For windows and glass, some suggest white vinegar and a putty knife
- For wooden furniture, vinegar, paint thinner, furniture polish and petroleum jelly have been known to work.
- For fiberglass, you might try using a blow dryer to melt the adhesive; peeling off the decal; then using a plastic spatula to remove the decal. Rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth may help with the adhesive residue left behind.
- For getting a decal off an automobile bumper, you can try a heat gun or blow dryer to loosen the adhesive, peel or scrape off the bumper sticker, being careful not to damage the metal surface, and then remove the remaining residue with rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth.
By far, the easiest, best, quickest and safest method to remove a decal or sticker from just about any surface and remove the adhesive too is to spray on Goof Off® Heavy Duty Spot Remover and Degreaser, let it dissolve the decal and glue and then wipe it away. This safe, effective product works in one step, with no harsh fumes and no damage to the surface the decal was on.
Why try a whole bunch of different products, when there is one that will remove all kinds of adhesive, as well as stains, spots and greasy messes? Goof Off® couldn’t be simpler to use – just spray it on, wait for its powerful micro-emulsion formula to penetrate and do the tough work for you – and then just wipe it off!